Oh She Glows’ cacao crunch peanut butter-banana bites
What you’ll need:
2 large peeled bananas
3 tablespoons of peanut butter or almond butter
2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips
½ teaspoon of coconut oil
2 teaspoons toasted sliced almonds
1. Line a large plate with a piece of parchment paper. Place the sliced bananas on the parchment paper. Carefully spread ½ teaspoon of peanut butter on top of each banana piece.
2. Place the plate in the freezer to chill for at least 30 minutes, until the banana firms up.
3. In a small saucepan, gently melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together over very low heat. Stir to combine. With a small spoon, drizzle some of the melted chocolate on top of each banana piece
4. Immediately sprinkle the banana pieces with the almond slices and stick a toothpick in each (if desired). The melted chocolate will quickly harden up. If this doesn’t happen, simply place the plate back in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes more, until the chocolate hardens.
5. Serve immediately. Store leftovers in a container in the freezer. Partially thaw on the counter for a few minutes, before serving.